Just a few quick updates for you all.
Firstly – I’m about 45 pages into a feature-length screenplay for “Chameleons” – originally a standalone story and now a “Prequel” for the Tomekeepers milieu, which might get split into a couple of episodes of TV. That puts me at roughly half to a third of the way through. With the story beats still to go, it’s probably closer to a third.
Secondly – a huge thank you to those of you who have already voted for our entry in the MyRodeReel 2015 People’s Choice awards. For those of you who haven’t voted yet, PLEASE DO SO NOW! If you believe in what we’re trying to do here, please also consider asking your friends and family to check out this blog, like/share our page on Facebook and go cast their own votes for us on MyRodeReel.
Finally – I’d like to invite anyone interested in writing on this project to step forward. Sadly, I can’t dedicate my efforts to this project full-time, so I need some other people around me who can work collaboratively to build out the Tomekeeper’s milieu and populate it with fully realised characters and action.
Episode themes and outlines will be provided, and as long as people are willing to stick to the premise of the show, I’m not likely to be too heavily critical of whatever people produce as long as it’s in an appropriate screenplay format and can be shot on what passes for a budget in our project (which currently amounts to a lot of goodwill and an occasional pizza). On the upside, the deadlines for this work will be pretty flexible – typically up to 2 months per script, which is a lot more than writers would get on a fully-fledged TV show.
I also reserve the right to do some editing and polishing on the final product, but the primary credit for the script will go to the person who writes it. If (and hopefully when) we do get picked up for a network/streaming production deal, I’ll make sure people are recompensed accordingly.
To be clear, I’m primarily looking for screen-writers. The “show-runner’s bible” is in progress and already has a lot of meat on the bones. However, good suggestions that enhance rather than redirect the direction of the show will always be considered. What this show is NOT about:
- Vampires/Werewolves/Marvel-style Mutants
- Teen romance/adventure – we’re producing a show for an adult audience that some teens might find watchable, not a teen show that adults might enjoy
- Aliens, alien invasions, alien contact – that’s a shark we’re not yet ready to jump.
What this show IS about:
- The human and organisational relationships between politics, media and technology
- Examining in a meaningful way how a post-pandemic society can go from surviving to thriving
- Considering different attitudes to value and access to information
- Exploring group dynamics and conflicts in an interesting and thoughtful way
- Following the lives of a group of young adult (20s) survivors in a frontier world full of modern technologies.
- Exploring the impacts of emergent nanotechnology and its implications if not properly governed
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in helping out with, sign up on the Tomekeepers Supports Group on Facebook and post a message to that effect.
That’s all for now! Thanks for reading.